1. Mix together all the dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, baking soda, chia seed, flax seed, salt and coconut sugar) in a medium mixing bowl. Use a fork or whisk to help break up any clumps of flour and distribute the chia seeds, baking powder and salt.
2. Add the wet ingredients to the bowl with the dry ingredients and whisk or stir until all of the flour is incorporated but the batter is still a bit lumpy. Avoid over mixing.
3. Let the batter rest for 5-10 minutes while you heat a nonstick pan or griddle over medium heat. If needed, add a light coating of oil or nonstick cooking spray to the pan. Once the pan is hot, scoop heaping tablespoon amounts into the pan.
4. Let each pancake cook until the edges appear dry, firm and golden brown and small bubbles are appearing in the batter, about 4-5 minutes. Flip them and cook for another 30-60 seconds until cooked through and browned on both sides.
5. Repeat until you’ve used all the batter. Serve right away with your favourite pancake toppings like fresh fruit and maple syrup.