- 450g boneless skinless chicken thighs, cubed
- 3 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup + 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 2 teaspoons red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoons avocado oil
- 2 red bell peppers, thinly sliced
- 1-2 red fresno peppers, seeded, if desired and thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped or grated
- 1 inch fresh ginger, grated
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1/4 cup (35g) roasted peanuts
- 4 green onions thinly, sliced, plus more for serving
- In a medium bowl, toss together the chicken, 2 tsp cornstarch, and 2 tablespoons soy sauce.
- To make the sauce: Combine 3/4 cup water, 1/2 cup soy sauce, the honey, hoisin, balsamic, red pepper flakes, and 1 teaspoon cornstarch.
- Heat the oil oil over medium heat. When the oil shimmers, add the chicken and cook, tossing 1-2 times, until it becomes crispy, about 5 minutes. Add the bell peppers, fresno peppers, garlic, and ginger, cook another 2-3 minutes.
- Pour in the sauce and bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Cook until the sauce thickens and coats the chicken, about 5 minutes. Stir in the sesame oil, peanuts and green onions, cook another 2 minutes.
- Serve the chicken over bowls of rice. Top with additional green onions.
NUTRITION (makes 5 servings) *without rice
- Cals: 281
- Protein: 27g
- Carbs: 14g
- Fiber: 2g
- Fat: 13g