Inspired by one of our favourite Cafe’s in Langley BC, Saba Bistro, these cookies are great for a treat alongside your morning coffee or an on-the-go snack that will keep you satiated for a couple hours!
- 3 very ripe bananas
- 10 pitted medjool dates
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 3/4 cup almond butter
- 1/2 vegan chocolate chips
- Pinch of pink Himalayan sea salt
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line one large or two medium baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. In a food processor add in 10 pitted dates and chop into fine pieces, you can also do this by hand. I also like to lightly blend the oats in the food processor to break them down into a slightly finer consistency. I find the food processor to be quick and efficient.
3. In a mixer add in the oats, almond butter, dates, and chocolate chips. Mix on low until the batter is combined, clumps are okay. The batter will be quite sticky. Place the batter in the fridge for about 10 minutes.
4. Scoop even portions of the mixture onto the prepared baking sheets, making 18 cookies. Top with sea salt flakes.
5. Bake for 15 minutes and let the cookies cool on the pan for 5-10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack and cooling completely.
6. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for 4-5 days or in the freezer for a month.