Ingredients (makes 6 servings):
- 1 large Spaghetti Squash
- 120g Dry Spaghetti
- 1 28oz can Diced Tomatoes
- 4 tbsp Tomato Paste
- 1lb Extra Lean Ground Geef
- 1 cup Chopped Mushrooms
- 2 bell Peppers, diced
- 1 White Onion, diced
- 2 tbsp Italian Seasoning
- Salt and Pepper
- 3 cloves Garlic
- 1 cup Chicken or Veggie Broth
- 1 cup Almond Milk (milk of choice)
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- Goats Cheese, to taste
- Cut your spaghetti squash in half and bake at 400 for 40 minutes, or until you can fork out the insides into ‘spaghetti’
- While your squash cooks, heat your olive oil in a pan and add the onion, mushrooms and peppers. Cook for about 5 minutes or until the onion is fragrant. Then add the garlic and salt to taste.
- Add your ground beef and cook until browned, then drain.
- Add the chicken or veggie broth and simmer until evaporated, about 5-10 minutes
- Add the milk and simmer until evaporated, about 5-10 minutes.
- Add the diced tomatoes and tomato paste, as well as the Italian seasoning, mix well and let simmer for 20 minutes or longer.
- Cook your spaghetti and take out the spaghetti squash.
- Divide spaghetti and spaghetti squash into 6 serves each and mix together. Serve with 1/6th of the sauce mixture and 15g of goats cheese.
Nutrition (per serving):
*For lower carb, omit spaghetti, and for higher carb, add more!