Makes 4 servings
- 2 tsp Olive Oil
- 4 tbs Chilli Powder (or taco seasoning for less spice)
- 2 tsp Ground Cumin
- 1 tsp dried Oregano
- ¼ tsp Cayenne Pepper (optional)
- ½ tsp Salt, plus more to taste
- 1 med Sweet Onion, chopped
- 3 Garlic Gloves, minced
- 1 pound (450g) Ground Extra Lean Ground Turkey
- 2 Celery Stalks, chopped
- 1 15oz can Black Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup crushed Tomatoes
- 1 tbs Tomato paste
- 2 Carrots (200g), chopped
- 1 ¼ cup Chicken Broth
FOR TOPPINGS (per serving)
- Green onion
- 30g plain Greek yogurt
- 15g shredded cheese
- Place oil in a large pot and place over medium-high heat. Add in carrot and celery and sauté for 5-7 mins, stirring frequently.
- Add in onion and garlic, and sauté for another 3 mins or so.
- Add In ground turkey and break up the meat; cooking until no longer pink.
- Next add in chili powder, cumin, oregano, cayenne pepper, and salt; stir for about 20 seconds
- Next add in tomato paste, crushed tomatoes, chicken broth, and rinsed beans.
- Bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer for 2 mins or until chili thickens and flavors come together. Taste and adjust seasonings and salt as necessary.
- Garnish with green onion, cheese and Greek yogurt.
- Cals: 365
- Protein: 34g
- Carbs: 25g
- Fat: 16g
- Fibre: 9g