- 1 tbs avocado oil
- ½ large onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 carrot, chopped (about ½ cup)
- 1 celery, chopped (about ½ cup)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 ½ cup cooked green lentils (can use canned)
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats (can use glute-free)
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- 2 tbs ground flax seed
- 2 tbs soy sauce (can use tamari)
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- ½ tsp sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbs tomato paste
- 1 tbs balsamic vinegar (or apple cider vinegar)
- 2 tbs maple syrup
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Line a 9”x5” loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add the avocado oil, onion, garlic, celery, and carrot. Stir occasionally until softened.
- In a large food processor, combine cooked lentils, oats, walnuts, flax, soy sauce, thyme, salt, pepper, and softened vegetables.
- Pulse several times until mixture sticks together between your fingers. (You don’t want it totally smooth).
- Transfer mixture to loaf pan and press firmly to pack it together. Stir the glaze ingredients together and brush on top of loaf.
- Bake uncovered for 30 minutes.
- Let loaf cool for 10 minutes. Slice. Serve. Enjoy.
Makes 8 servings.
- (per serving)
- Calories: 166
- Protein: 6g
- Carb: 19g
- Fat: 8g
- Fibre: 5g